Australian Kayaking Adventures has become the market leader with our amazing tours and exceptional Tour Guides. Given our steady growth we are currently recruiting more exceptional people to join us on our amazing journey.
- You are a passionate, dedicated and hard working person who loves the outdoors and interacting with people from around the globe.
- You have proven leadership skills and are comfortable with managing group dynamics, different personalities and cultures.
- You must have a level head on your shoulders and be able to proactively and professionally deal with any situation that is thrown at you! Whether it be passenger injuries or inclement weather, you name we have seen it!
- You are a safe and diligent driver, and have a basic mechanical knowledge.
- You thrive on a challenge, have initiative, and are able to keep a smile on your face.
- Your love of your job is infectious, and by the end of their trip your passengers will have a great insight of the Gold Coast.
- You love working within a team!
During the contract, a tour guide will:
- Consistently deliver a high level of customer service and traveller satisfaction.
- Provide leadership for our travellers and be responsible for their well-being.
- Continually increase your knowledge about the Gold Coast, its culture, environment, etc.
- Have detailed knowledge of marine life, sights, restaurants, transport, etc. Develop a series of information sources and contacts that can be of assistance when required.
- Maintain a valid passport and visa. It is the responsibility of the Leader to stay up to date on any travel restrictions based on his/her nationality.
- Keep preventive medication up to date.
- Be mindful of potential opportunities for Australian Kayaking Adventures, such as new Tour Guides markets or ways to improve itineraries.
On each departure, a Tour Guide will:
- Act as guide, interpreter and manager of the group.
- Deal directly with your traveller's issues and concerns, ensuring that passenger satisfaction is effectively achieved.
- Maintain the established travel itinerary as closely as possible, making changes only when necessary.
- Provide a report for each trip.
- Train new Leaders as requested, passing on as much trip-related information as possible.
If this sounds like you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org we would love to hear from you.